Oil On Whyte is a page about the Edmonton Oilers, written by people who follow the Edmonton Oilers. It launched in July of 2010, some four years after I was independently writing on Blogger (on this very site!).
- a group of five people who do this for our own pleasure
- comprised of four Canadians and one American (you can figure out who is who)
- fans of the Oilers
- people who enjoy this sort of thing
Here's what we're looking for-
- articulate, is able to back up what they write
- has a pretty good sense of humour
- enjoys talking about the Oilers (this one is pretty important)
- can write at least once per week, 200+ words. this may be a recurring column, or just whatever the hell you feel like talking about. pretty flexible in this department. You can write more if you're feeling it. Once a week is a bare minimum, if you cannot do this, this won't work. You can always write more if you like.
That's pretty much it. This is an unpaid position, except for all of the groupies you most certainly will be encountering. Experienced members of the 'sphere will go straight to the front of the queue.
If this could be you, get ahold of me on Twitter @OilOnWhyte.
Thanks for reading